Consultation and Engagement
Interesting events, lasting ownership and community buy in
|Are you interested in finding ways to become more sustainable in your organisation? Seeking a wide range of perspectives in the development of environmental policy and planning for sustainability has demonstrated benefits for the sectors and communities involved as well as the delivery agency. Consultation and engagement has been shown to increase ownership of the problems, a longer lasting solution and buy-in to implementation. To be successful, input is needed at the planning stage as well as agreeing on action plans and measures of success. On behalf of governments, Fluent Environmental staff have led, facilitated or been a key team member in eight large scale consultation or engagement initiatives. In all cases she has helped to organise, analyse and report back results and recommendations.
Fluent Environmental is particularly interested in helping you to include a diversity of cultures in your planning and decison making processes. Knowledge of several languages and English language teaching experience provides special insight into ways to help people whose first language is not English understand your message.
From agenda development, to independent facilitation to reporting on workshop outcomes, Fluent Environmental has proven delivery and experience in recent communications and engagement projects including:
- Hawke's Bay Land and Water Strategy external reference group and regional water symposium.
- British Columbia Water Act modernization provincial engagement (12 full day workshops), presentation development and delivery, agenda development, presenter and group facilitator
- Living Water Smart: BC's Water Plan (2 years worth of meetings throughout British Columbia) - awareness and outreach activities, project management and implementation, agenda and presentation development, outreach and education
- NZ National Environmental Standard for Measurement of Water Takes consultation, submission analysis and project management of engagement activities
- NZ Sustainable Water Programme of Action Ministerial tour
- Talk Environment Roadshows 2004, 2005, 2006 (32 meetings), project management, team management, facilitator, logistics, report back to participants and executive
- Local government liaison to promote and measure progress towards environmental wellbeing under the Local Government Act
- Waitaki Catchment Water Allocation Plan- submissions analysis